Community Funding and Awards
Community Food Literacy and Access
It is important for Nova Scotians to have access to healthy food and to have the opportunity to build their food literacy. The Community Food Literacy and Access Fund supports programs that improve access to affordable, healthy food and which builds food literacy.
The Community Food Literacy and Access Fund supports initiatives that:
- improve food access for vulnerable Nova Scotians;
- teach meal planning skills, including how to reduce trips to the grocery store;
- teach food, nutrition and budgeting skills; and
- build and maintain community gardens to increase individual, family and community food security.
To apply for funding, you must be either:
- a registered Nova Scotia-based non-profit society or co-operative in good standing
- a Nova Scotian Mi’kmaw community
How it works
Read the Community Food Literacy and Access Fund guidelines.
Complete the application form and supporting documents, if needed, and submit it by email or mail courier.
Before you start
Staff members are available to discuss your proposal before you apply.
You can include relevant support materials like photos or support letters with your application.
The program is now closed.
Please check back in Winter 2020 for updates on the 2021-2022 program guidelines and application.