Festival and Community Event Development
The Festival and Community Event Development Program is designed to help sustain, grow, or improve unique community festivals and events across Nova Scotia.
For more information, visit Events Nova Scotia’s website
To apply for the Festival and Community Event Development Program, you must belong to one of the following groups:
- Not-for-profit organizations registered to do business in Nova Scotia
- Municipalities (any city, town, or village in Nova Scotia)
- Mi’kmaq communities
- Applicants can apply for one festival or event per fiscal year through the Festival and Community Event Development Program
- The program does not fund an entire event but is designed to assist with a project or component of the event.
- Event revenue cannot be solely from the Festival and Community Event Development Program.
- Combined government funding (municipal, provincial, federal) should not exceed 50% of total event revenue.
- Applications cannot be submitted for an event that has already taken place.
- Your event must take place between April 1 and March 31 of the upcoming fiscal year.
- Applications are assessed and scored by a funding panel. Not all applications for funding will be successful.
The department may contribute up to a maximum of $10,000. Average amount allotted in 2022: $2,900.
How to apply
Applications are closed. Applications for 2024-25 open 2 January 2024.
Senior Events Advisor
Phone: (902) 456-0525
1741 Brunswick St., 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 456, STN Central
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada B3J 2R5