Business ACCESS-Ability Grant Program
Businesses can apply for a cost-shared grant to make accessibility-related improvements. Improvements can be for clients and customers, for employees, or both.
Five categories of funding
Removing physical barriers for persons to access business services, by installing ramps, accessible washrooms, door openers, and other projects.
Accessible Communications Services:
Ensuring that all customers, clients, and employees can access information related to a business.
Ensuring that employees and consumers who are person with disabilities have the devices they need to effectively do their jobs and access places of business.
Universal Design Capacity Building:
Training in the field of Universal Design, both for technical services professionals and for persons with disabilities wishing to better understand its value.
Providing support for businesses to improve access to transportation services.
Apply for 2022 - 2023
The Business ACCESS-Ability program deadline for 2022-2023 fiscal year is July 29, 2022.
When applying, keep in mind:
- maximum grant amounts available per year is $100,000 over multiple categories, per applicant
- features and improvements required by law, legislation or the Nova Scotia Building code are not eligible
- only recognized educational institutions or organizations that deliver training and educational services targeted at the business community are eligible for the Universal Design Capacity funding category
- contact Wayne Matheson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Business ACCESS-Ability Grant Coordinator
- funding available for Accessible Transportation projects are limited to up to 2/3 of eligible expenses, to a maximum of $20,000
- please ensure requested documentation is included in your application to prevent delays in processing
The Business ACCESS-Ability Program furthers the Province of Nova Scotia’s commitment to equal opportunity and improving accessibility for persons with disabilities.