Screenwriters Development Fund
Applications are open for the Screenwriters Development Fund. The application deadlines are May 24th and October 21st, 2022.
The Screenwriters Development Fund will consider investment in direct costs for film and TV scriptwriting.
Nova Scotia Producers with a Nova Scotia writer
Fund Intent and Objectives
When submitting an application to the Screenwriters Development Fund you will need to demonstrate how your project achieves the following objectives:
- The creation and development of film and TV script projects by Nova Scotian filmmakers.
- Strengthens the film and TV industry by developing Nova Scotia filmmakers, writers, and producers.
- The encouragement of inclusion and gender parity.
The Screenwriters Development Fund prioritizes applications that:
- Reflect meaningful representation on the project team from members of diverse communities and equity-seeking groups, and
- Reflect gender parity within the members of the project’s key creative personnel.
A Nova Scotia registered Production Company can receive up to 50% of project costs through the fund.
How to Apply
Read the Screenwriters Development Fund Guide (PDF)
Download and review the Screenwriters Development Fund Application (PDF)
Download and review the Screenwriters Development Fund Budget (PDF)
The application deadlines are May 24th and October 21st, 2022.
(902) 456-8983 t
(902) 424-0710 f
1741 Brunswick St., 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 456, STN Central
Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada B3J 2R5