Screenwriters Development Fund
The Screenwriters Development Fund will consider investment in direct costs for film and TV scriptwriting.
Producers and Writers
Individual filmmakers and film companies.
Registered Nova Scotia businesses, and social enterprises can receive up to 50% of project costs through the fund.
Fund Intent and Objectives
When submitting an application to the Screenwriters Development Fund you will need to demonstrate how your project(s) achieve the following objectives:
- The creation and development of film script projects by Nova Scotian filmmakers.
- Increased export sales, and revenue growth.
- The expansion of global markets, and audiences.
- Strengthening the film and TV industry by developing Nova Scotia filmmakers, writers, and producers of local content.
- The encouragement of diversity and gender parity.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
How to Apply
All information provided by applicants will be treated as confidential.