Building Vibrant Communities Grant
Not-for-profits, local governments, businesses and educational institutions all have a role to play in eliminating poverty. They can apply for a grant that builds the capacity of community organizations and encourages collaboration.
The Building Vibrant Communities Grant guidelines and application for 2021-22 are available here:
The program is accepting grant applications until 11:59pm on January 26, 2022.
The 2021-2022 themes are:
- Youth Transition to Adulthood
- Mental Health and Addictions
- Economic Inclusion (Workforce Attachment)
- Food Security
This is year five of BVC Grants. There will be a stronger focus on projects that:
- Align with promising practices emerging through the Poverty Reduction Blueprint evaluation process, such as “wrap-around” approaches to programs and services.
- Address poverty related challenges that have been created or worsened by COVID-19